Session ID: 309
The most interesting new feature Oracle 18c introduces to Developers are Polymorphic Table Functions and Qualified Expressions.
Polymorphic Table Functions finally allow the Developer to define the structure of the returned records at runtime.
Qualified Expressions allows defining array- or record constructors that assign all values in a single statement.
What looks at first sight as syntactical sugar is a mighty tool - especially in conjunction with Polymorphic Table Functions.
This talk introduces the concepts of Polymorphic Table Functions and Qualified Expressions and demonstrates real-world use cases and scenarios.
The session has the following agenda:
* PL/SQL: Requirements for Web Development and Microservices
* Modern Features for a cool Language
* Polymorphic Table Functions: An Overview
* Qualified Expressions: Why would I need that?
* Use case: Representing JSON Data
* Use case: Dealing with CSV-Files
The presentation includes a detailed live demo.
The examples and scripts are available for download.
Objective 1: Understand Polymorphic Table Functions and Qualified Expressions
Objective 2: Learn how these features support Web Development and Microservices
Objective 3: See real-world use cases of these features