Session ID: 1730
This full day event, sponsored by the Oracle Cloud SIG and IOUG, includes a series of Hands On Lab (HOL) activities for Oracle Technology Professionals to obtain Cloud experience. You will use Oracle Public Cloud and Oracle Technologies together on your own laptop/device to accomplish work essential foryour businesses & careers.
Attendees learn how to:
- Set up OCI/Networking & OS secure authentication
- Generate a key
- Spin VMs
- Create a storage container to use the Cloud
- and spin an Oracle Database as a Service (DBaaS) Instance.
- Methods of Oracle database backup to the Cloud, configuring RMAN to backup to Oracle Cloud will also be covered.
This year's workshop expands into Oracle Monitoring technology that monitoring BOTH the Infrastructure and User Experience using Oracle Management Cloud (OMC). Learn how the Oracle Management (OMC) Cloud Application Performance Monitoring technology is deployed, with each attendee getting hands on experience deploying the technology on a WebLogic sever, and learn how troubleshooting is accelerated.
Attendees to this workshop bring their own device, connect over WiFi, are assigned an Oracle Cloud trial account and are lead through activities by IOUG Cloud SIG leaders.
Breakdown of Oracle Cloud Journey HOL Sessions:
- Networking/OCI in the Oracle Cloud - 90 minutes
- How to build Oracle Cloud VMs - 90 minutes
- Oracle Database as a Service (DBaaS) - 90 minutes
- Management and Troubleshooting with Oracle Management Cloud (OMC) - 90 minutes