Session ID: 585
Many organizations have partnered with System Integrators to deploy the out of the box WebCenter AP Imaging solution. However, partners often fail to address the pain points of these organizations that would require extending the solution, thus ending up with an incomplete implementation.
This session targets business users as well as IT leaders to understand the basics of the WebCenter AP Imaging solution and to identify the key extensions of having a successful implementation. Based on lessons learned and many different implementations that I participated in in the past, below are five different extensions that make a difference to businesses:
1. Creating batches of invoices in EBS and enabling the filtering of the Imaging Worklist based on certain criteria. For example, some organizations' AP users process invoices with suppliers of specific vendors. So the system creates batches automatically with the initials of the AP users as well as a batch reference in the imaging worklist to allow the AP user to identify her/his invoices in the imaging worklist.
2. The out of box solution provides a Line Pairing mechanism to match the lines on the invoice with the lines on the PO. However, the line pairing mechanism often needs to be extended to solve the business' needs. For example, by un-matching some lines based on quantity or price tolerance.
3. Many organizations have different tax regulations that the out of the box system does not accomodate. Therefore, an extension is required to address this problem.
4. Organizations often need a reporting tool to identify bottlenecks and provide overall metrics of the AP process that the out of the box system does not provide. These metrics could be a summary and detailed level of reports to show details of the transaction and its duration lifecycle.
5. Many organizations would like to have the flexibility to enter data to feed EBS from WebCenter Forms Recognition that would facilitate the business process. For example, I have encountered situations where the users would like to be able to enter the GL Date and other types of data from WFR.
Objective 1: Evaluate the out of the box solution and understand its capabilities
Objective 2: Identify among the extensions provided an extension to the business' existing or future system that solves their business need
Objective 3: Provide the opportunity during the question and answer section for attendees to explore other extensions that are not listed that would also be beneficial